Thursday, April 3, 2008

It has been a rough couple of days.

Our Lily has been sick with a stomach virus, and it is tough for a 5 month old who can't figure out why her tummy hurts. Lisa, Lily's mom is of course worried silly because this is her first baby and that baby's first stomach problems. And, to be honest, it is hard to watch your baby feel so bad and not be able to do anything for her.

Hopefully it won't last much longer. I was there to help Tuesday evening thru this evening, but I drove home to Elizabethtown tonight.

I am thinking of doing something pretty crazy tomorrow night. Churchill Downs, the home of the Kentucky Derby, is having this lottery drawing for tickets to the Derby this year. You wait in line all night long, and then if you are in the top 720, you get to draw two tickets out of a box and pay the ticket price for them. They can be box seats at the finish line or bleacher seats at the turn - you don't know until you pull them. But, Bill and I really do enjoy going to the Derby, and having seats would be a blast!! Also, the Derby this year is the Saturday after our 40th Anniversary - it would be a good way to celebrate! My SIL is going to go and wait as well. She did it last year and had a wonderful time not only at the Derby, but also at the drawing. I will post on Saturday or Sunday if I was successful or not!!

No comments: