Saturday, July 21, 2012

What a wonderful week!!

The week started after a fun filled weekend in Michigan where the only problems were that it was as warm there as it was here in Kentucky and I didn't find any cross stitch shops!  There was one beautiful knitting shop that I could have gone crazy in, but I have too much other stitching to do to get hooked there.  The water in Lake Michigan was quite cold when you first got in, but it didn't take long to get used to it. 
      
When I got home on Monday I had a very nice surprise waiting for me.  I had put four things into our local county fair, and I found out that I got two blue ribbons and two red ribbons on the pieces.   The two blues were for my Peaceable Kingdom, and Beach Tree.  The two red ribbons were for my Lizzie*Kate monthly wall hanging, and my Lizzie*Kate Spring basket flatfold.  I was really amazed at my good fortune, and quite pleased. 
Today I went to a Stitch and Gab stitching group which I had just found out about the first of the year when some of the ladies that I had met at the Myrtle Beach Stitching Retreat invited me to join.  I was really excited about that because before then I hadn't known anyone in the area that stitched.  So I get to the Stitchin, and they tell me that they are celebrating my birthday this month because they have too many other people in November which is my birthday month.  You gotta believe that I was quite taken aback and shocked!!   So here are the great goodies I got today.
The first present I opened was from Sharon, and it had a great peach flavored soft soap container, and a darling Happy Birthday fridge magnet that my DGD will really love, and a really special pin cushion.   I don't know if you can see it very well, but Sharon started with a napkin ring, painted the little flowers around the piece, and then took some lovely blue and white fabric stuffed to make the pin cushionI think that is so clever, I would never have thought to do that.   
The second package that I opened was from Sherry, and she was one of the ladies that I met in Myrtle Beach.     Her package came in a insulated lunch bag in darling black and white which goes really well with my purse and stitching bag.  In it she had included a list making pad of paper that attaches to the fridge, and another darling note pad.  She also gave me this cute picture frame which I immediately put to use holding on my numerous pictures of my DGD.  But, best of all, she made me this darling tinket holder that she had stitched for me.   It, too, was in blue and white. I am going to have such a lovely stitchingspot!

The third package that I opened was from another Sharon, and she, too, was one of the ladies that I had met in Myrtle Beach.  You can't hardly see it, but her package came in a darling Donna Sharp project sized bag that is just too cute!  Sharon thought that I was a Donna Sharp fan,  and she was right!  Inside the bag was this darling Poppy Kreations chart which says "This is your last chance BLOOM"  And, she gave me the fabric and called for floss to stitch it! 

I would say that this constituted a mighty fine week wouldn't you?

Thanks for stopping by my little spot on the web, and I love to read all of your nice comments.

Until next time, have a happy, healthy, stitchy time!
                                                                                                          

13 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Wow, what awesome surprises and what a great week!

Deborah said...

What wonderful gifts you received! They are all lovely.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Congratulations on your ribbon wins. I seem to remember when you didn't think your stitching was great! See...

Now that's what I call a surprise birthday! Great friends and nice pressies! Happy early birthday!

Shelleen said...

You had an awesome week! What fun surprises from stitching friends. Congrats on the wins at the fair. You also got me hooked on Donna Sharp and forgot to see if she had anything new on her site.

Carol said...

Congratulations on your wins, Beth--I'm sure you are tickled pink (or blue or red as the case may be!!)...

Giovanna said...

Huge congrats on the ribbons! And lovely early birthday gifts :-)

Karen said...

Congrats on all of your ribbons! How wonderful...especially love the LK wall hanging!

What nice birthday surprises too! Happy stitching....

SoCal Debbie said...

Happy early birthday to you! Congratulations on all your ribbons! Great job!

Carla said...

Congratulations on your ribbons!!!
The gifts you got are all lovely

Sally said...

Congratulations on your ribbons Beth :)

Ruth said...

Well happy surprise birthday and CONGRATS on the fair ribbons :) good show!

Fiona said...

Congratulations on winning ribbons at the fair, they are well deserved. What a lovely surprise and gifts you got at your stitch in, I'm so jealous that you get to stitch with fellow stitchers, especially ones you met in MB. Looking forward to spending time with you again in a few months.

Valentina said...

Congratulations for your four ribbons!