Friday, September 7, 2012

Tardy second August WIPocalypse update


Again, this post will not show much progress on my stitching, but I do have some surprisingly good news.  As I have previously said, I entered some of my pieces in the State Fair this year to help fill the area for Cross Stitched pieces.  To my shock, out of the three pieces that I entered, I won two ribbons!  On my needlepoint piece I received an Honorable Mention ribbon, and on my Beach Tree stitched piece, I received a second place Red Ribbon!!  I can't tell you how amazed I was to win one!

The only other stitching picture I can show you is what I have done on the Haunted House on evenweave.  I have to tell you that it is very frustrating going because I seem to have to pull out every fourth or fifth stitch because I don't like where I put it. 

I have done some other stitching, but it is for exchanges at the PALS retreat in MB in October.  I am almost at the panic stage because I really don't have anywhere near the amount of stitching done that I should have.  Even though I am panicy, I am also really looking forward to the event.  I have met so many fantastic ladies there that I don't get to see but once a year.  This year, we are going to have the opportunity to meet a bunch more folks as the group has almost doubled in size this year.  The other really exciting thing is, there are going to be 8(?) designers there showing off their stuff.  How cool is that?

One other thing, I was going to try to fix my WIPocalypse page, because it is all messed up, but I couldn't get anything to work.  I will try to work on it another time, but for now, please ignore  it!!

One last picture I have to show you is some of my family in Washington, DC last month.  This is the reason I didn't get much stitching done, but what a wonderful alternative it was.  These are my two sons, my grandson and my granddaughter.  My daughter could not make the trip because of her work schedule which was very sad.  We spent a week there together seeing the sites and enjoying being with each other.  My older son (the one on the left), and my grandson live in Maine, so I feel lucky if I get to see them once a year.  The only reason this came up was because my daughter-in-law, Becky was sent to DC for a conference.  The funniest thing about this picture, and what I can't figure out is that my younger son, the one in the back is 6' 5" tall, much taller than the rest, but he looks the shortest.  Now I know that Lily (my DGD) is standing on a platform, but I can't figure out what is going on with the rest of them - LOL!

Well, I had better get stitching!  Thank you for stopping by my blog, and I love all the great comments you leave me!  Until next time, have a happy, healthy, stitchy time!

16 comments:

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Congrats on your ribbons! Your haunted house looks really cute!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Congratulations on your wins! Keep going with the haunted house - you'll get on a roll before you know it. I'm excited, too! Have decided not to stress with the swaps... if it's not fun, don't do it. Be well!

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on your ribbons!! You go girl! :) I enjoyed the pic of your family in DC. I grew up in Delaware and my dad would often throw all of us kids into the car and take us down for the day to give my mom a day on her own w/o the 4 of us in her hair. It's still one of my favorite places on earth, especially since my baby brother lives in nearby NoVa.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

congratulations on your wins - its not easy having someone judge your work - i know i would be nervous - its getting to that time isnt it? Time for some halloween stitching - look forward to your progress on your haunted house

Shelleen said...

Congrats on your wins. I can't wait to see you in MB. I am not stitching for exchanges, this year.I just don't have the time.

Katie said...

Congrats on the ribbons!

Your stitching looks great. I just started my exchange pieces too. Talk about waiting too long. Good luck getting yours finished. I can't wait to see ya again!

Carol said...

Well done on ribbons! Doesn't it feel great!

I responded to your comment on my pieces over on Weebly... It was congress cloth for the Kimono, for an online class I was challenged to take! The class details are here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SNS_Kimono/

EvalinaMaria said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Keep those needles working and have an awesome time on your retreat.

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the ribbons! And nice going on Haunted House, though I'm sorry you're having to frog so much.

Carla said...

Congrats on your ribbons!

Carol said...

How exciting to win some ribbons, Beth--congratulations :)

Barb said...

Congrats on willing the ribbons. I hope your haunted house goes easier now, it's no fun to frog so much.

SoCal Debbie said...

Congratulations on your Fair ribbons! Great stitching, Beth!

Meari said...

Congratulations on your ribbons. How exciting!

Isobel -Argante- said...

Beth I miss you! What a lovely blog my dear!
I'll follow you :-)

Kisses!!!!

Redecórate con Lola Godoy said...

Wonderful your blog and your work, congratulations. Kisses from Spain.

http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/