Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gone Fishing...

What a glorious weekend we just had! The weather could not have been prettier. We have had such a horribly hot and humid summer, that this dry 80ยบ weather was a thrill. Saturday we had intended to go out on the lake fishing, but had forgotten about a instate collegiate rivalry football game that we just "had" to watch, so we put off fishing until Sunday. It ended up being a good thing because I really wasn't feeling all that great on Saturday. I thought I uploaded a picture of one of the spots we love to fish in at the lake pretty near our home, but it does not look like it is going to show up. Oh well, it is on my computer at home, so I guess you will just have to think about a pretty lake scene = LOL.

I did do some stitching over the weekend, and something fairly outside my comfort level. I went to Vonna's (I don't know how to make this a link) blog and followed her tutorials on a couple of finishes for MB, and they worked out very well - I think. I am even going to do them again sometime. So now I have my Fall Exchange piece and my Halloween piece done stitching and finishing. I also worked on finishing an Ornament for the exchange, but did not quite get it finished. One of the problems is that my hands kept cramping up on me all weekend. Bummers. I am not sure if that was caused by a delayed reaction to the chemo, or just that I used my hands quite a bit in different ways during the weekend, or both. I also started another piece for MB, and it is not on Aida!! If you knew me, that would be a really big surprise. I am not exactly sure what kind of fabric this is because I got it last year at MB, but I am enjoying stitching on it. I am taking longer to stitch on it mainly because it is differemt. I think that I can see me do several things on it though.

I spent some of my "off" time surfing more blogs and am just blown away by all the talent that is out there. There were beautiful things that I would never attemp to make, and some things that gave me motivation to make. It really is fun to see folks from all over the world enjoying the same kinds of things I do in little ole E'town KY!!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog and for leaving messages.

Until later, keep stitching and keep healthy!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Can't wait to see what you stitched for MB. Guess I need to get busy!!!!

Sally said...

Looking forward to seeing your finishes Beth.

Thank you for dropping by my blog. The Thankful for Ewe chart is a complimentary one and I have two so if you'd like one email me with your name and address and I'll pop it in the post:) My email is in my blogger profile.

Barb said...

Congrats on the finishes. Can't wait to see the pictures of the finishes. Hope your hands get to doing better. I had a problem with my hands a year ago but that was just from stitching too much and being at the computer too much so I had tendernitis.

TinaTx said...

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for visiting my blog. The Peppermint Twist is really cute - I need to look and see if I have some fabric (I bought the button and I should have the threads)
Have a wonderful weekend!