Sunday, October 24, 2010

Now that I am home, I can show you the stitched pieces I took to MB

I have so many pictures and stories to tell you
about the Pals Fall Fling, that I will have to do it in multiple parts. I have been telling you for a long time that I have had some stitched pieces that I could not share with you because they were going to be exchanges at the Fall Fling. So I thought I would start with showing you those finishes and then later telling you about my super vacation.

The first piece is the one that I put in the Halloween exchange on Thursday night of the Fling. It is a San Man Original called Did Someone Say Pie? This is the second time I have stitched this piece and given it away. I think I am going to have to stitch it again sometime, because it makes me smile. This is also may first pinkeep that I have ever made, and it would not have been possible without Vonna's tutorials. I also used as an example a pinkeep that Michele sent me earlier this year.

This next piece is also a SanMan Original, and it is called Autumn 1. I stitched it for the Fall exchange on Thursday night of the Fling. This was also my first no sew cube finish. I really liked this because I thought the fabric went really well with the design. Again, I have Vonna's tutorials to thank for showing me how to do this finish. I am going to do more of them in the future.

This is my Christmas ornament, also designed by SanMan Originals called Noel. We had our ornament exchange on Friday night after the grab bag exchange. Gosh, it seems like I only do SanMan, but that isn't really the case. I have a different designer to show you in a minute. I did this piece on gold luminescent 16ct aida, that I thought looked very Christmasy.

Lastly, I have my Finished Stitched exchange piece that I have been talking about having to do three times before I got it right. We did that exchange last night, and it was really a lot of fun. My piece is a Lizzie*Kate design called Gather Love. I stitched it on 16ct Natural aida that I have really fallen in love with, and will use many more times. I am not sure that you can tell it from this picture, but I finished this as a pillow.

Tonight I am really tired because we didn't break up the party last night until almost midnight, and I had to catch a cab to the airport at 5:45 this morning. So, I will tell you more Fall Fling tales and show you more pictures tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving messages!! Until tomorrow, have a happy and healthy day!!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for the pics....I didn't get to see the Fall/Halloween exchange and your ornament was gone when it was my turn!

I also loved your LK pillow and was so disappointed I didn't come home with it! You did a great job on all of your finishing.

It was great seeing you again and can't wait until next year. Hope you are well rested and happy stitching....

Shari said...

each & every finish is wonderful!!! I love every one of them! Each fall, I see someone finish the Did someone say Pie??? I MUST find that pattern!!!! I know it is a SanMan....I may even have it, but I guess that would mean organization of my patterns & I am sorry to say....that hasn't happened yet!!!
Can't wait to see & hear more about the retreat......how fun!!!

Sally said...

Fantastic finishes Beth especially the L*K piece:)

Shelleen said...

You did a great job on the finishes.

Karen said...

you did an awesome job on the stitching and finishing! of course they were all gone when it was my turn to pick. :( It was soooo great to see you again!!

Carol said...

Wow, you've been very busy, Beth--love each and every one of your cute finishes!

I know what you mean about giving away things and never keeping them for yourself. I've done that with a couple of favorite stitches. I guess I keep thinking if I liked them so much everyone else would, too :)