Friday, June 10, 2011

A Surprise, and a late TUSAL

As most of you know, last weekend was my DS#2's wedding. Even though we were the parents of the groom, we seem to have had a lot to do, and many people flowing through our home for days. Sometimes it was pretty much chaos, but it was mostly good chaos. So, Friday morning found me sitting in my living room, folding laundry, wondering how we were all going to get through the weekend, when my DGD, Lily, came running into the house from going on an errand with my DH, Bill saying, "Grammy, you got a surprise!!". Here she came, carrying a small package I had no idea where it came from - it definetly was a surprise. In the package I found this:

Karen, http://karenshandiwork.blogspot.com/, had sent me this darling little pincushion with some of her very own pins. In it was a sweet note saying how she knew that weekend was going to be hectic and that she was thinking of me. That little package could not have come at a better time. It just took all my stress away as I thought about how lucky I was to have found such a great group of stitchy friends!!


I will update you all on my minimal stitching progress and more stories of the wedding with possibly a few pictures later this weekend. For now I just wanted to say thank you to Karen, and to post my tardy yet again TUSAL. As you can see, there has not been much progress in filling my ort glass. The picture of it with the flowers is to remind me that this was taken during our son's wedding celebration. We had the wedding party and some friends and family at our house the night before the wedding, and this was one of the flower arrangements that were decorating the house.


I am going to try to spend some time relaxing and stitching and trying to catch up with all of your blogs this weekend - it looks like you have been busy while I have been away. Can't wait to see what you all have been up to doing!

6 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

What a lovely surprise. It is really gorgeous. I love gingham. Hope you find time to relax and stitch this week.

Carol said...

What a sweetie Karen is so send you that little pincushion, Beth--her work is wonderful, isn't it?

So glad the crazy fun of the wedding is over and you can relax (hopefully) for the rest of the summer. Glad things went well--best wishes to your son and his new bride :)

Lynn said...

What a sweet thing for Karen to do! I love her finishing and this little pincushion is wonderful.
I hope you have recovered from the wedding and are able to relax some now.

Sally said...

What a lovely gift from Karen. That was so sweet of her.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Take a deep breath, get a whiff of those lovely flowers, sit down with your stitchy surprise, pick out what you want to stitch, and relax! That other stuff will be there when you get 'round to it! Glad all went well, and hope that the happy couple will continue to be for a lifetime!

Daffycat said...

What a sweet surprise from Karen!

Congratulations to your DS and to you for surviving the festivities!