Friday, December 31, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

I want to wish everyone here in Blogland a very Happy and healthy New Year! As I don't believe in resolutions, I am going to make a list of goals I wish to attain this coming year. Mostly in the area of taking back control of at least parts of my life from the totally out of control 2010.

As I write this, it has been weeks since I have taken time to blog - either write my blog or read youralls blogs. That is something that I have missed, and have a goal to change. I would like to spend sometime at least four times a week reading and commenting on your blogs, and hopefully write on mine at least once a week. I would also like to spend some time learning how to do a better job with my blog - tweaking it to look the way a I want it to will be quite a learning experience. Wish me luck.

Stitching this past year has been sporadic at best. Some of the time not stitching was due to my cancer, but now that I am cancer free, that no longer applies. I know that I want to start some fairly large projects and finish some of my WIP's as well as stitch at least one ornament a month. I haven't written down my specific list, but intend to do that today. I haven't stitched in a couple of weeks due to the holiday, but want to start back at a casual pace this week. I am going to try and post stitching goals for each month, and update my progress weekly. I am hoping this will be more motivation. So, towards that goal, my January stitching goals are:

1) Start Christmas Spirit banner. Stitch the L*K chart Holly as a start.

2) Finish Santa Clothes by Raise the Roof.

3) Stitch one of my JBW Christmas Tree ornaments.

I have some pictures taken of my last finishes of 2010, and I will try to post them sometime later this weekend.

For now, thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you all have a happy and healthy new year.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Happy New Year Beth. Hope you stay cancer free all year.

Carol said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are cancer free, Beth--may 2011 bring you nothing but good health and happiness :)

Karen said...

Hi Beth....so glad you are doing well and hoping you a great, healthy 2011!

I have pledged to Amy that I will "nag" her about her WIP/UFO so I will be happy to do the same with you!

Can't wait to see what you have stitched and what your new stitches will be.

Sally said...

Happy New Year Beth! I hope 2011 is a happy, healthy year for you.

Nan said...

It is good to see you here in blogland. I've been wondering about you. Happy New Year and get busy stitching.... ;-)